Monday 1 April 2013

New Beginnings

This is a story of a girl. This girl has been pushed and pulled in all different directions for as long as she can remember. Or, if we're being specific, since she was 3 years old and her whack job nanny told her she was going to marry Prince William. Damn you Kate, he was meant to be mine...

This is a story of a girl who has tried and tried to be everything she was always meant to be. This is a story of a girl who has succeeded and failed on these paths, but has always learnt something in the process.

This is a story of a girl who has decided to try once more to lose the weight she has been carrying since her childhood, which has held her down repeatedly (though she always got back up), caused strangers on the street to point and ridicule and also taught her more about herself than she ever could have imagined.

So, this is a story (hopefully) of victory. This is the beginning of a new chapter of my story. It is not one which I will allow to be scuppered by thoughts of the past, nor by fears of the future. So, dear reader, I welcome you on to this ride with me. My intention is not for this to be some kind of food diary, but rather an in depth look into why I, personally, am the weight I am and how I intend to change that. It is not intended to make anyone feel bad about themselves. Instead, I would have this as a sign to the countless others in this world who have felt like their appearance isn't good enough. This is about being who you are and changing (or not, as the case may be) for yourself and no one else. This is for all of those who have been made to feel that the opinions of others is more important than the acceptance of oneself. If this inspires even one person or makes someone feel that they are not alone I will have achieved something very great.

My name is Florence and welcome to my very much unexpected journey. 

No comments:

Post a Comment