Thursday 25 April 2013

The end to a difficult week.

This week I have had my struggles with the plan. As I've written previously. I've tried to be bang on as much as humanly possible but that sometimes will simply not work. As such, I stayed the same this week. No gain, no loss. Now. I'm not going to bang on about staying the same all that much. As I stood with my new leader after the meeting this evening and moaned about not losing she reminded me that, unfortunately, our bodies do not work like well programmed machines. Hormonal fluctuations, not going to the bathroom before weighing in or simply wearing different clothing can all play a part.

Further to this, sometimes you will see little on the scales but will simply 'feel' different. I took my measurements today and overall I've lost just about an inch on my waist, bust and hips. That is not an achievement to poo poo. That doesn't mean that any of that makes you feel that much better. The temptation is to take the new (weight watchers) biscuits I purchased yesterday and eat them to make me feel better. Short term, great but that's going to do nothing for me next week when I find that it still hasn't changed; or worse, I gain. I need to accept that, occasionally, shit just happens for no reason. It could be a reason that will become blindingly obvious over the next few days but I have to continue on my proscribed course and wait and see.

As I HAVE behaved so well this week, I don't believe that this is as a result of my having done something wrong and as such I'm not going to be making any drastic changes. I've been increasing my activity (I walked  12,345 steps today and did a 50 minute yoga class-my arse is now unhappy as a result), eating a good amount of fruit and vegetables, limiting treats and making sensible decisions with my food. As such, I feel (and my leader agreed) that the best course of action is simply to wait and see. If next week I still haven't moved I will start making changes to diet and/or activity. Until then, it could just be one of those unfortunate blips that occur in the life of a living, breathing creature. So yes, I'm going to have a biscuit (I have 8 points left for the day) but I'm going to leave it at that, get a good night's sleep and start fresh in the morning and look forward to pushing forward next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment